Aug 26 San Francisco Counter Protests Roundup & Call for Solidarity
They got a federal permit to gather at Crissy Field on Saturday, August 26th, and they are also expected to be in Berkeley on Sunday, August 27th.
People are mobilizing in different circles. Here are some of the protests that I was able to locate, so you can go to at least one of them. I’ve highlighted the one I will be attending.
My aspirational hope is to build coalition and solidarity amongst various organizing groups so we can gather a massive crowd in one centralized location (check out Boston’s inspiring counter-protest), hopefully in Civic Center.
Saturday, August 26th
Events organized in order of proximity to Crissy Field
**bolded options are my suggestions**
- Anti-Racist Rally by Brown Lives Matter — 10am at Crissy Field
- **March Against Hate to Crissy Field by San Francisco Against Hate —Meet at 9:30am at Longshoremen’s Hall and march together to Crissy Field**
- Countering Hate! by San Francisco Marches Against Trump — 11am at Crissy Field
- We Refuse to Accept a Fascist America! by Refuse Fascism Bay Area — 1pm at Crissy Field
- Bay Resistance Brigade Paddle Out by Ren Volpe — 1pm at Crissy Field
- Park Out Crissy Field 8/26! by James Freebury — 6am at Crissy Field Beach
- Resist SF by Resist SF — 11am at Crissy Field Beach
- Calling All Clowns: Fascism is no laughing matter by Resistance SF — 2pm at Crissy Field Beach
- The Cutest Lil Counter Protest by Sarah Ma — 11am at Conservatory of Flowers
- SF LovedUp Mobile Dance Counter-Rally by Daveed Walzer Panadero and David Travels — 1pm at Marina Green Park
- Come Together-Juanita More!’s Official Art Event for Equality by Juanita More and 13 other individuals — 12pm at Harvey Milk Plaza
- **San Francisco Peacefully Unites Against White Nationalists by the Episcopal Church of Saint John the Evangelist, Stop the Violence, Castro Community On Patrol, MCC San Francisco, Unafraid, Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, Inc., Sacred Cocktails, Queer Nation-San Francisco, 7x7, and Rev. Dr. Megan Rohrer — 1pm at Civic Center**
Obviously, this list is not exhaustive. If you want me to add to the list, just leave a comment. If I made a mistake, leave a comment.
Want to know where I think you should go? Check out my latest blog post for recommendations and to find out where I’ll be.
But let's be clear -- showing up somewhere is better than not showing up at all.
We need all of us fighting against one enemy on Saturday. We can debate the nuances of social justice organizing while doing that. Let’s always remember who the real enemy is and that we must rise together.
So you’ll find me in Civic Center, with my queer fam, drowning out the white supremacist nonsense with my overflowing love and joy for our community. Hit the streets. See you there.