I've been a grassroots social justice activist and a community organizer since 2003. My core activism work has been around empowering the LGBTQ and women's community, though I care deeply about all social justice and human rights issues. I believe in community / coalition building, grassroots organizing, intergenerational / intersectional approach, and making incremental change.
I am always open to hearing about activism work and organizations, and connecting with other passionate change agents. Please contact me if you want to work on an initiative together, or need a sounding board.
I am currently open to board membership opportunities as well as select pro-bono work.
Past Organizing / Activism Work Sample
- Board Member, LYRIC LGBTQ Youth Nonprofit
- Group Chair, SF Human Rights Commission LGBT Advisory Committee
- Communications Lead, Deloitte National Diversity & Inclusion Council
- Regional Programs, Deloitte GLOBE LGBT Employee Resource Group
- Co-Founder, Queer Student Union - UC Berkeley '07
- Co-Founder, Queer Youth Leadership Camp
- Co-Chair, UC System-wide LGBTQ Association
- Founder, Women @ Moovweb initiative
- Youth Council Member, Gay Straight Alliance Network
- Undergrad Representative, UCB Chancellor's Advisory Committee
- Team Lead, AIDS Walk (10 consecutive years)
Honors & Recognitions Sample
- San Francisco Pride Grand Marshall Nominee ('13)
- Cal Alumni Association Leadership Award ('08, '09, '10, '11)
- Cal Alumni Association Pride Gay and Lesbian Leaders Scholarship
- National Korean-American Honors Scholarship
- UC Berkeley Outstanding Queer Organization Award ('10)
- UC Berkeley Most Inclusive Queer Organization Award ('10)
- UC Berkeley Emerging Student Organization Oski Award ('09)
- UC Berkeley Inclusive Student Organization Oski Award Nominee ('09)